Wednesday, August 20, 2008

cause i can't control my hormones.

i have a really big obsession with julia nunes that i had to a lesser extent a while back which suddenly intensified when i rediscovered her today. "who is julia nunes?" well, turtledoves, she is a youtube celebrity known for her quirky covers of songs using the ukulele. but she has her own original songs too so don't think she is just looking for a free ride on n*sync or the foundations' train (some of the groups whose songs she has covered. yes, she is very eclectic. and no, i will not make out with you). her album is on itunes. she is so unique. and i love unique almost as much as i love new york. i crack myself up. plus, she opened for BEN FOLDS. pretty sweet.

anyway, today was spent getting my senior pictures done. i only got the regular cheesy stuff and an outfit because, quite frankly, i really don't like getting my picture taken quite enough to want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to get even more pictures taken. i saw my pictures, however, and they seemed kind of okay. getting them taken was probably the most awk thing ever. i am so bad at following directions especially in relation to moving my neck and just generally not blinking in pictures. i seriously think i have some facial tick. somebody will be like, "move your neck up and your chin down" and it will take me like 5 minutes for my mind to even begin to compute what that means. that isn't even including reacting time. if i ever went on america's next top model (...i wouldn't), i'd be off of it in the blink of an eye. i can just picture miss j looking at me and thinking girls gotta go for her lack of following directions skills and just generally being awk" (except she probably wouldn't use awk, because i kind of am probably the only person that says that. ever. that and jeal). and then he and tyra would probably start singing some song like "girls gotta go". because they do that sometimes. just break out into song.

well, im going to go reimmerse myself in african tribal life right now via the novel things fall apart. i actually really really like it. it is so easy to read and i understand what is going on and it doesn't depress me as much as wuthering heights. it isn't taking me years to read! yesss!

stay classy.

No comments: