Saturday, August 8, 2009

it has been awhile

i type this blog post to you on the backlit, ergonomically correct keyboard of my new macbook pro. i am in love with it. it's definitely the best computer i've ever owned. but enough about my love for apple and their magnificent products.

i'm going to college in a few weeks, much to the dismay of my parents. they're (well, my mom) going to be so sad to see me go. i'm an only child, so they've always been a lot more protective/neurotic than a lot of my friends' parents. i'm nervous, but more excited than anything, i think. i'm so looking forward to the fact that i'll be able to reinvent myself to be whoever i want to be in college. like, it's so large that i can really "put myself out there". i've always hated that phrase: put yourself out there. it's cliche. but it's definitely what i'm looking to do in my definitive college years.

my love life is still as stark and barren as usual, but i have hope for college. i mean, there will be thousands of eligible males to choose from (hopefully all of them won't be drunken frat boys). i think when it comes to having a love-life, i'm semi-retarded. i lack the ability to flirt. like, i'm terrible at flirting. i just don't know how. i hate pretending to be stupid and eyelid fluttery. because i am neither of these things. i'm terrible at knowing whether or not somebody is flirting with me, too. like, i know girls are supposed to be super perceptive about that kind of thing, but i'm just not. i'm just sort of my (awkward) self all the time.

well, this has been a thoroughly random blog post. welcome back, kotter.

No comments: