Wednesday, June 17, 2009

changes.

i am the most emotional i have been about graduating right at this particular moment. the ceremony was pomp and circumstance and the graduation parties were as well. but right now, as i sit in my pajamas in my computer room typing this, i feel it.

disney world is over, and now college looms over the horizon with an unwavering air of persistence and urgency. no more talk of castles and princesses to divert my gaze from my imminent new life back to a simpler time. although my words are sometimes cliche, i mean them most of the time. looking upon that twinkling, iconic castle as i walked away from it in the magic kingdom two nights ago, i felt the already loosened tethers of my childhood finally snap into pieces. i saw the little kids around me with their parents and realized i wasn't among them anymore. everything was about to change.

and now, as i sit here wondering what the future will hold, i'm scared of leaving behind my way of life. and i'm sad that this will mean that some of the relationships i have will inevitably suffer as things change.

No comments: